Website Zhongzhi Enterprise Group
Zhongzhi Enterprise Group (ZEG) is one of China’s leading financial service group with over RMB 1 trillion
(USD 150 billion). Headquartered in Beijing, the company has four segments: Financial Services, Private Equity, Wealth Management, and Leasing & SME Lending.
Currently, ZEG is globalizing its private equity effort and has established a flagship venture capital platform -‐ ZZ Ventures -‐ with its headquarter in San Francisco. ZZ Ventures seeks highly compelling and strategically relevant growth stage direct and fund investment opportunities in the financial services, technology, education, and healthcare sectors. Typical investment size ranges from USD 10-‐50 million.
Leveraging its extensive resources and connections in leading public and private companies in China, ZZ Ventures will assist in implementing global strategies for its portfolio companies, in successfully penetrating the Chinese market, and in facilitating access to a deep bench of operating expertise, industry insights, and high-‐quality relationships. ZZ Ventures can create significant value through connecting its portfolio companies and management teams to a vast network in China, thereby yielding attractive exit opportunities.
More details about Zhongzhi Enterprise Group:
Financial Services: Zhongrong Trust (“ZRT”) is a leading trust company in China with AUM of RMB 673 billion (100 billion). It has one of the best performance in the trust industry in China, ranking top three by both revenue and profit. The current AUM of the mutual fund business has reached over RMB 100 billion (USD 15 billion).
Private Equity: This segment currently holds positions in more than 100 publicly listed companies in A-‐share, H-‐share and the new OTC markets. In 2015, the segment’s mark-‐to-‐market gain was over RMB 13.6 billion (USD 2 billion).
Wealth Management: In 2015, the AUM of ZEG’s wealth management companies surpassed RMB 306.1 billion (USD 45 billion) and achieved a net profit of more than RMB 600 million (USD 90 million).
Leasing & SME Lending: In 2015, Leasing & SME Lending segment generated a net profit of RMB 1.74 billion (USD 260 million).
The goal of our venture capital group is to identify and finance innovative companies worldwide during different phases and to build transformational companies together with the most visionary business leaders. The company is looking to hire a highly motivated professional for this Vice President/Associate position. He/she will work directly with the senior members of the firm, assisting in all aspects of the firm’s investments in Financial Services, Education, and Information Technology.
– Deal Screening: Review investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with entrepreneurs
– Investment Analysis: Conduct initial research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses
– Internal Research: Communicate with business units about potential investments, including the aggregation and synthesis of business unit feedback
– Due Diligence: Assist deal teams on due diligence (external and internal) for likely investments and create compelling, detailed investment recommendation
– New Market Analysis: Periodically create presentations outlining new technology areas that may be attractive for investment
– Brand-‐building: Engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community, particularly in Silicon Valley. This includes attending industry conferences and local events on behalf of our venture capital division to bolster your technology network and evangelize our group and mission
– 3-‐5 years of work experience at a top-‐tier venture capital firm or major technology corporation. Work experiences in San Francisco Bay Area or Wall Street preferred
– MBA or other advanced degree from a top-‐tier graduate program
– Outstanding financial modeling, analytical skills, presentation, and written communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple changing assignments simultaneously without constant supervision
– Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment and meet tight deadlines, with great attention to detail
– Personal characteristics: high intellect, intellectually curious, integrity, professional, strong work ethic, entrepreneurial, results-‐driven