STAR Labs is an independent future factory of Samsung. We are scientists, mathematicians, engineers, designers and strategists from around the world. Our team brings a diverse set of skills from places including MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, NASA, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and more. At STAR Labs, we are building the future, inspired by our dreams and created by science. This includes new immersive and intelligent technologies that will bring science fiction to reality.
NEON is the first venture of STAR Labs (http://neon.life). Our team continues to build on its outstanding track record of creating products with real-world impact at global scale. We are rapidly expanding and looking for passionate and talented teammates to join us.
Having fun and creating impact defines our culture. We value our differences and are excited to learn what you can add to STAR Labs.
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Have impact and have fun
- Working outside your comfort zone
Skills: Nice to have, but not limited to:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Develop scalable solutions based on state-of-the-art machine learning and AI methodologies.
- Develop prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate the performance of ML/AI architectures/algorithms in large-scale industrial applications.
- Have strong familiarity with leading machine learning and deep learning such as libraries such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, Scipy, Pandas, PyTorch and others.
- You should be able to develop your own algorithms, loss functions, network architectures.
- Prior publication record in top tier conferences in computer vision / machine learning is a major plus.
- Write well-structured and re-usable code, design experiments and integrate solutions in larger production systems.
- Experience shipping products strongly preferred
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace