STAR Labs is an independent future factory of Samsung. We are scientists, mathematicians, engineers, designers and strategists from around the world. Our team brings a diverse set of skills from places including MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, NASA, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and more. At STAR Labs, we are building the future, inspired by our dreams and created by science. This includes new immersive and intelligent technologies that will bring science fiction to reality.
NEON is the first venture of STAR Labs (http://neon.life). Our team continues to build on its outstanding track record of creating products with real-world impact at global scale. We are rapidly expanding and looking for passionate and talented teammates to join us.
Having fun and creating impact defines our culture. We value our differences and are excited to learn what you can add to STAR Labs.
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Make impact and have fun
- Working outside your comfort zone
Skills: Nice to have, but not limited to:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong understanding of Computer Graphics rendering pipeline, shaders and textures.
- Experience and understanding of various game engines such as Unity, Unreal and others.
- Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning projects (3+ years).
- Ability to implement state of the art generative models and explore how they may impact content creation
- Hands-on experience building production models with TensorFlow, PyTorch, mxnet or other similar frameworks.
- Publications at premier research forums such as SIGGRAPH, TOG, TVCG, CVPR etc.
- Experience shipping products strongly preferred
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace