Build & Automation SW Architect – EDA Developer – 79488
Location: Austin, Texas, US
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Build & Automation SW Architect – EDA Development
This senior staff software engineering role will drive definition, architecture, development and deployment of the company’s build automation and related systems used by the world-wide AMD design teams. This is a great opportunity to drive development of new technologies associated with the latest design build automation methodologies.
You will use your project management and collaboration skills to drive IT solutions to closure. You’ll help co-develop and establish a roadmap of a set of improvement strategies for AMD’s design processes impacting AMD products across the globe. A key to success is the ability to establish and nurture Business Unit (customer) partnerships. The role involves taking measured risks and planning for success in the alpha- and beta-stages–working closely with and teaching customers, and scaling across the Business Units.
The Build & Automation SW Architect will gather requirements from IP and SOC groups and measuring the effectiveness of current SOC build methodologies. Will profile existing solutions and come up with in-depth analyses of potential solutions. Will create make versus buy analyses, and create overall software architecture as well as drive solutions with quicker turn around using agile technologies. Will also analyze, detail and develop industrial strength OO software
- Multi-year industry experience in software development—related to hardware tooling and methodologies. Deep software knowledge of embedded software domain.
- Experience with Make-based build automation flows is critical. Experience with other build systems, such as Ant, Maven, Gradle or Bazel, is a strong plus.
- Proven experience using OOP in real world applications
- Theoretical and hands-on experience with complicated data structures and algorithms
- Experience in EDA industry tools, scripting and software development practices
- Strength with complex programming techniques such as OOP, and design patterns
- Strong debugging skills in industrial software
- Experience with multiple common programming and scripting languages, such as Ruby, C++, Perl, make, bash, csh, etc.
- Experience with networking protocols and distributed computing
- Experience with batch systems, such as LSF
- Experience with cloud compute
- Strong experience in analytical thinking, problem solving and organizing data
- Added value will be understanding of hardware SOC/IP design & functional verification tools
- BS in EE or CS preferred, but not required.
Austin, Texas (can also be located at our Santa Clara, CA or Boxborough, MA sites)