Start Date: Immediate
STAR Labs (Samsung Technology & Advanced Research Labs) is headed by Pranav Mistry with a mission to undertake independent initiatives to create end-to-end new businesses and expand growth areas for Samsung. At STAR Labs, we are building new immersive and intelligent services that is making science fiction a reality. STAR Labs consists of best of the best from domains such as computer science, business strategy, engineering, design; and diverse set of experiences from places like MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, Nasa, Google, Microsoft and many more. NEON is a venture from STAR Labs (http://neon.life)
The team builds upon their outstanding track record of creating products that have real-world impact at global scale. We are rapidly expanding and is looking for the best to join and help us build foundation for our next magical technology stack. We value our differences and are excited to learn what you can add to STAR Labs.
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Have impact and have fun
- Working outside your comfort zone
Skills: Nice to have, but not limited to:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry
- Strong understanding of Computer Graphics rendering pipeline, shaders and textures.
- Experience and understanding of various game engines such as Unity, Unreal and others.
- Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning projects (3+ years).
- Ability to implement state of the art generative models and explore how they may impact content creation
- Hands-on experience building models with TensorFlow, PyTorch, mxnet or other similar frameworks.
- Publications at premier research forums such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS is a major plus
- Experience shipping products is a plus
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace